Making your company safer
The ABC STEP (Safety Training and Evaluation Process) Program was created by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety Committee and was written by contractors for contractors. It is a way for your company to get recognition for safety efforts along with helping ABC identify and develop safety programs for its members.
To learn more about STEP, click here.
Benefits of the S.T.E.P. Program
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
All companies claim that safety is a priority, with STEP you can prove it
minimum of 2-3 hours prep
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Stairways and Ladders
- Welding and Cutting
- Hand & Power Tools
- Hazardous Materials
- Fire Protection
- Basic Electrical Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Confined Space Entry
- Lock-Out / Tag-Out
- Classroom Forklift Training
(No Hands-On Training)
- Hazard Recognition
minimum of 4-6 hours prep
- Excavation/Trenching Awareness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Scaffolds User Training
We also offer general safety meetings and toolbox talks that focus on the hazards of the work you are doing in your offices and on your job sites!
Every Person Home Safely Everyday
The most important goal of your company’s safety program is to return every employee home safely each and every day. By creating a culture of
safety you can achieve that goal!
Lower Your Cost of Business
Putting safety first will lower your EMR and workers’ comp rates, avoid costly citations and penalties, and reduce the costs associated with accidents.
Keeping your employees safe and accident free also keeps them working, ensuring your company is productive and effective for your clients.
Be Prepared for L&I Inspections
Bring in an industry expert to review your programs and job sites so you are ready when L&I, OSHA, or DOSH comes knocking!
Call the ABC Office at (509) 534-0826 for more information
or to schedule your safety training today!